FOUNDATIONS OF NUCLEAR AND PARTICLE PHYSICS 2017 (H)
CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
This textbook brings together nuclear and particle physics, presenting a balanced overview of both fields as well as the interplay between the two. The theoretical as well as the experimental foundations are covered, providing students with a deep understanding of the subject. In-chapter exercises ranging from basic experimental to sophisticated theoretical questions provide an important tool for students to solidify their knowledge. Suitable for upper undergraduate courses in nuclear and particle physics as well as more advanced courses, the book includes road maps guiding instructors on tailoring the content to their course. Online resources including color figures, tables, and a solutions manual complete the teaching package. This textbook will be essential for students preparing for further study or a career in the field who require a solid grasp of both nuclear and particle physics.
>Contains up-to-date coverage of both nuclear and particle physics, particularly the areas where the two overlap, equipping students for the real-world occasions where aspects of both fields are required for study
>Covers the theoretical as well as the experimental foundations, providing students with a deep understanding of the field
>Exercises ranging from basic experimental to sophisticated theoretical questions provide an important tool for readers to solidify their knowledge
Table of Contents
3. Building hadrons from quarks
4. The standard model
5. QCD and confinement
6. Chiral symmetry and QCD
7. Introduction to lepton scattering
8. Elastic electron scattering from the nucleon
9. Hadron structure via lepton-nucleon scattering
10. High-energy QCD
11. The nucleon-nucleon interaction
12. The structure and properties of few-body nuclei
13. Overview of many-body nuclei
14. Models of many-body nuclei
15. Electron scattering from discrete states
16. Electroexcitation of high-lying excitations of the nucleus
17. Beta decay
18. Neutrino physics
19. The physics of relativistic heavy-ions
21. Beyond the standard model physics
Appendix A. Useful information
Appendix B. Quantum theory.
科大文化事業股份有限公司 SCI-TECH Publishing Company Ltd.
TEL: 886-2-26971353 FAX: 886-2-26971631
Copyright © 2004 SCI-TECH All Rights Reserved.